Cause For Celebration
I hope your all having fun creating basic cards for my basic card challenge. I've heard through the grape-vine that there's quite a bit of excitement with regards to idea's etc which is fantastic!
Tonight I had to make a birthday card RAK (Random Act of Kindness) for a lady in the US. I decided to make two - one for her and one for me to keep up my sleeve. The first card I made, I kept to very simple techniques of watercolouring and using Designer Series Paper. I also matted my main stamped image. The entire card was made in about 20 minutes and is very easy to re-create for those at home with limited supplies.
Basic - Cause For Celebration:
* Itty Bitty Backgrounds & Cause For Celebration Stamp Sets.
* Perfect Plum & Pretty in Pink Cardstock. Watercolour Paper & Slumber Party DSP (retired)
* StazOn Black Ink. Perfect Plum Ink.
* Watercolour Wonder Crayons & Aqua Painter.
I then decided I wanted to show how easy it is to take the next step by adding a few accessories and 'vamping' it up a little. It's amazing how easy it is to take a simple base and take it to that next step easily and quickly. Here's where I've used a little extra for that little extra.
In hindsight, I would have also liked to have added Dazzling Diamonds to the candle flame, but I'm afraid I couldn't find my two way glue pen, and getting out the heat and stick powder was to much of a big job for a little bit of bling.
So, what have I done differently??? Well, I've used textured cardstock. Stampin' Dimensionals have also been used to layer the main image, and I've double matted the DSP to 'frame' the vertical lines. I've also used brads in the corners of the image to finish off the picture. To get the brads perfectly positioned, I've also used the mat pack. That's it! Now it's time for you all to step beyond the basics by perhaps adding 1 embellishment such as a brad or dazzling diamonds.
* Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Cause for Celebration.
* Perfect Plum 12x12 textured cardstock. Pretty in Pink & Perfect Plum Cardstock. Watercolour Paper, Slumber Party DSP (retired).
*StazOn Black & Perfect Plum Stamp Pads
*Watercolour Wonder Crayons & Aqua Painter.
* Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL & Soft Subtles Brads.
8 years ago