Back to Basics Challenge:
Over the last few posts, I've been attempting to shed light on a few stampin basics I employ in my own card making. My main aim when doing this, was to not only make stamping less daunting to beginners, but to also show, that great cards don't have to be complicated, flashy or time consuming. I hope you've enjoyed what I've made, and it's given you inspiration to stamp, stamp, stamp.
Moving on, I think it's time to have another challenge that goes right back to basics, and uses limited supplies. This time round, using the layout of my example below, I challenge you to make a card using only two colours plus a neutral. For those a little more adventurous, you are able to change the orientation of the layout if you wish.
The prize this time around will be my favourite product from the new mini catalogue due out in August. As this catalogue is top secret until the 1st August, I can't tell you what my favourite item is, but can say that the new mini is absolutely AWESOME!!! Furthermore, as products from the new mini are available for viewing and purchase from the 1st August, entries for this competition will close on Saturday the 2nd August. This time around, I'd also like my readers to vote for their favourite (the pressure of choosing between entries getting to much for my husband...LOL) card, and as such I'll pop up a voting panel on my blog from the 3rd August for 1 Week, after which, the winner will be announced.
Here's my example:
* Petal Prints & G'day Mate Stamp Sets.
* Blue Bayou & Whisper White Cardstock. 6x6 DSP Sampler Pad (So Saffron).
* Blue Bayou & Whisper White Stamp Pads.
* Tearing Edge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1/3/8" Square Punch, 1/1/4" Square Punch.
* Please use at least 3 Stampin' Up! products. They may be cardstock, ink and sticky strip which most of us have.
* You may use any 2 colours and 1 neutral of your choice - be it cardstock, ink or both.
* Please use the layout of the above card. Your design is open to interpretation, however, remember that your peers will be voting for the card they like the best and they will have to see a resemblance to the above card's layout.
* As usual, please submit your entries to me at firstname.lastname@example.org making sure that there in jpeg form.
* All entries must be received by 5pm (Australian Central Standard Time) on Saturday 2nd August 2008.
* Voting will begin 12pm Sunday the 3rd August and voting panel will be available for 1 week for everyone to vote.
* Although SU demonstrators are more than welcome to play, please be aware that you'll not be able to win the prize.
* Overseas readers are also welcome to play, however as I'm unable to ship SU product outside Australia as per my SU demonstrator contract, you'll also be unable to win the prize.
* This competition and it's prize are offered by me in the spirit of good faith, intentions and FUN. No offence is intended to entry submissions that do not win the one prize I'm offering.
8 years ago