Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Decorated Bag

Over the weekend, my daughter went to her friend's birthday party. She asked me if I would make the card and the wrapping paper. I was happy to do so, and made the above card and stamped a few sheets of white tissue wrap with the same cake stamp from Birthday Whimsy. I then remembered seeing on another blog how the artist - Andrea from Sydney, matched the gift bag with the card. I decided to do the same for my daughter's friend.

Stampin' Up! sell white gift bags for this purpose. However, quite some time ago now, I decided to 'go green' and bought a heap of paper bags which I use in lieu of the Stampin' Up! plastic bags for customer orders. So, I grabbed one of these and decorated it. I know many of my customers would hold onto their paper bags and re-use them and thought this would be a nifty idea for them, not to mention a little different from using a Stampin' Around wheel. I hope you like today's off the page project.

Supplies:
*Birthday Whimsy Stamp Set.
* Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa and Slumber Party DSP (retired).
* Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa and Apricot Appeal Markers.
* Stampin' Dimensionals and Pretty in Pink Gingham Ribbon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous, I bet she'll love it.

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful... I am sure your daughter's fiend just loved them!

Andrea said...

Hi Nerine!

Such a cute card & bag!

Don't you agree that it just adds a really nice touch to match the bag to the card?

Thanks for your reference to me on your Blog too.

Can't wait to see more of your creations.