Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where Have I Been???

Well, I've been swimming of course! Ok, so this is no excuse for not posting the 3 last cards of my 12 day's of Christmas stuff - I will, I promise. But yesterday my friend Tammy asked me if Mr 3 and I would like to go with her and her Miss 3 to Pine Creek to look at the Steamies & Diesels (Steam and Diesel trains which we related back to Thomas the Tank Engine which is a huge hit in both our households). After this, we were to go to Edith Falls for a picnic lunch and a swim. Well, how could I say no? So, we spent most of the day exploring some of our 'back yard'.

One of the greatest things I love about the Northern Territory is that mother nature displays herself in all her wonderful glory. How beautiful is the above, and it's all just a short drive from where I live. I didn't realise until I got into the water (never having actually swam at Edith Falls before) but the entire bottom of this lake is very, very rocky. I don't know why but I automatically assumed a nice sandy bottom which I could walk on easily and steadily. I also thought it would be easy to judge depth here because of my sand bottom assumption.

I have quite a fear about lake and especially ocean swimming. I don't handle large bodies of water well, especially when I know there are 'creatures' swimming close to me. I'm ashamed to say, I disgraced myself by squealing each time fish swam against my legs and feet. In the end, the fish, slimy rocks and open body of water was too much for me to mentally handle and I sat on the rock stairs in the 'shallows'. Below is Tammy with both the kids. They were swimming between the two of us.


Here's Mr 3 pretending to be a Jet, which we could swear we heard fly over head during our swim. From this moment onwards, Mr 3 decided to 'fly' into the water with much belly flopping and splashing to swim to Tammy. Thank you so much for taking us Tammy, Mr 3 and I had such a wonderful time with you and Miss 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you all had a heap of fun! I miss that place!

Tammy B said...

Definately our pleasure to have you both along Nerine. I'm sure you'll be back with the rest of the family, once the memory of those fish recedes anyway!!