Friday, August 29, 2008

It's a Boy:


Recently, one of my lovely downline gave birth to a little baby boy. Although I managed to give her a gift on time for her new son, for reasons too numerous to list, I've only just now had a chance to make the card.

To apply different colours to different parts of the stamp, I've used SU Markers and coloured directly onto the rubber with the brush point. The ocean I've made by tearing a piece of left over cardstock for that slightly 'choppy' effect. The main image has also been mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals to 'lift' it from the card. In keeping with my current trend of late, I've also only used one stamp set to make this card. I hope she likes it, and that it was worth the wait :)

Supplies:
* Nursery Necessities Stamp Set.
* Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal and Whisper White Cardstock. Pool Party DSP (retired, but I thought it suited this card perfectly).
* White Craft Ink, Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery Markers.
* Mat Pack, Piercing tool, SAMJ, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots & Whisper White Grossgrain Ribbon.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm sure she'll love it Nerine - I do!