Sunday, July 20, 2008

For the Katherine Show:
As everyone knows, I've been very busy lately preparing entries into the Katherine Show. Well, now that I have them back, I thought I'd share my creations with you.
1. Covered Book.

Here I've covered an address book I bought from the local dollar shop. This covering was inspired by a card made by a lady called Angela R, which I absolutely fell in love with. Feel free to scroll through her fantastic blog which can be found HERE. Angela's blog is an inspiration in itself, and I love visiting when I'm having an off day!

2. Birthday Card.

Ok, I admit it, I entered a Criss-Cross card for something different. I thought I'd use up some of my retired cardstock and papers, and was surprised at how well this ribbon went with it. I love the effect the rose gives to hide the ribbon seam, although it was quite time consuming to cut out with my papersnips! Although you can't see by the photo, the actual rose is lifted slightly off the page with stampin' dimensionals.

3. Greeting Card.

This card was my first (successful) gel card, and because I was overjoyed, and relieved at the end result, I decided to enter it into the show in the 'general' greeting card section. I had a lot of fun making this one, and although it's difficult to see, I've used kindy glitz and dazzling diamonds just about anywhere I can on the actual image. I would have loved to have added a hatpin with diamantes and pearls shaped as a fish hook through the knotted ribbon, but bending those things, takes much more strength than I had late Tuesday night.

4. Christmas Card.

The last card I made for the Katherine Show was this Christmas Card, which looks a lot better in real life. This card was so easy to make, and took about 30 minutes, but I just love how effective it is with the acetate window stamped with white StazOn and highlighted with Kindy Glitz. I hope you like it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nerine these are awesome - my favourites are the notebook and the acetate card, both stunning.

Marcia

Chrissie said...

Nerine you have outdone yourself! I looooooove the notebook and the gel card!