Friday, May 23, 2008

Faux Tile Swap:

I can now show you this swap I've been working on over the last few day's, as everyone I was swapping with should have theirs by now. Another great SU Demo in my area (Mel) arranged a 'Demo Only' swap revolving around the faux tiling technique. We also had to use at least one of the new in colour products. The above is what I came up with when I had a starting point of "I must use the Regal Rose Grosgrain and I must use Artfully Asian!"

I love this colour combo together, but next time, I'm going to try a more solid stamp set (which is what's normally recommended for this technique anyway) as trying to colour in without going into the faux grout was quite the challenge.

Supplies:

* Artfully Asian, It's Your Birthday and Itty Bitty Background stamp sets.

* Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose & Close to Cocoa Cardstock.

* VersaMark, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa Stamp Pads. Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa SU Markers. Blender Pen.

* Bone Scorer, 3/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Punch. Clear embossing powder, heat tool, sticky strip, SNAIL and the circle was cut out after tracing a small plastic container onto white cardstock as I don't yet have a circle punch.

3 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is gorgeous Nerine - I love this technique and, as can be seen on my blog, I have been having fun with it too.

A handy hint - if you do 'colour' in the 'grout' by accident, you can use a white gel pen to go over the oops, works a treat!

Get well and have a good weekend.
Marcia

Nerine .P. said...

What a fantastic idea Marcia - never even thought of it! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Nerine,

Thanks for your contribution to our Demo Night swap. Sorry you couldnt make it, but will definately see you at the next one, if not before!

Mel Hanlon