Sunday, February 24, 2008

Eggstra Cute Easter Basket:



I can't believe how quickly the year is flying by. It seems like only yesterday I was posting christmas cards on my blog, and now, just 7 weeks later, here I am, posting this cute little take on an easter basket I demonstrated at a home workshop recently. The scary thing about all this is, that Easter eggs have been available to buy in the supermarkets for over a month now. I still don't feel like I've fully recovered from Christmas lunch yet - does anyone else feel that way???

This little basket measures 5cm x 5cm x 5cm and has a swinging handle to hold on to. It holds about 15 mini Easter Eggs. I used the 2, 4 , 6, 8 technique on a smaller scale, and borrowed one of my daughters paper punches she bought from Big W to make the paper lace. To get the two different tag sizes I cut down the Whisper White punched out word, adhered it to the vintage violet cardstock and then punched that out with the Stampin' Up! tag punch.

Supplies:

* Loads of Love Accessories.

* Almost Amethyst, Whisper White and Vintage Violet Cardstock.

* Vintage Violet Ink.

* White Gel Pen, Tag Punch, White Grosgrain Ribbon and Vintage Brads. I used both the SNAIL, Sticky Strip and Two Way Glue Pen to adhere everything together.

* Big W boarder punch which I borrowed from my daughter created the paper lace.

No comments: