Monday, January 14, 2008

Coloured Soot Stamping:

On Saturday I held my first Sampin' Techniques workshops for the year. It was great to catch up with everyone who could make it and find out what they did over the festive season. After an 'interesting' creaming soda incident, the rest of the night went quite smoothly! I'm left wondering if any technique workshop I present is ever going to be mishap free...LOL!

Above is the first card we made for the night and incorporated the coloured soot stamping technique. Coloured soot stamping gives a great 'bush fire' type effect and I thought it was in keeping with our masculine theme. The only down side to coloured soot stamping, is that it is quite difficult to create a card with that WOW effect - although I am very happy with the above.

Supplies:

* Lovely As a Tree, Natural Beauty.

* Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal and Alway's Artichoke Card Stock.

* Bravo Burgundy, Apricot and Basic Black Ink.

* Alway's Artichoke Stampin Pastels.

* Copper Brads, Brayer and Sponge Daubers.

* Non Stampin' Up! items was a candle which I bought from Dollars and Cents in Katherine and the Creative Memories Circle Cutting System.

No comments: