I hope you all enjoyed making your Valentines Day cards. Now we get to move onto project two. For project two, you have the choice of making either a card, scrapbook page or gift tag using the scallop edge medallion technique. My example is above, and I have to admit, it is rather bright for my usual 'style' of stamping, but I'm really happy with the end result.
If you'd like to play but don't have a scallop edge punch, please don't be discouraged. Simply make use of any punch you may have or even some decorative scissors or tearing to make your medallion.
Ok, first thing I need to do is show you how to make your medallion with the scallop edge punch. So, here goes:
1. Cut a 2/3/4" (7cm) square from your desired piece of cardstock.
2. Taking your Scallop Edge Punch and place your cut square into the centre of the punch. You should have about 1/8" (0.5cm) over hang on each side of the actual punching section. See below photo. Punch exactly like this around each edge of your square.
3. Decorate the centre of your Scallop Punch Medallion anyway you wish.
As I said before, for those of you who don't own this punch, feel free to make a medallion from anything you have at hand to be the focal point of your card. For those of you just joining us for the night, I am currently online to answer any of your questions. Please email me at email@example.com should you have any queries. I will need you to type a reply email address in the narrative along with your question so I can reply to you.
For those that wish to go into the draw for the blog candy, please either email me a picture of your creation and/or leave a comment in the post of the project you did with a link to your blog. This way we can all see what you've created. For those that make a creation for each project, so long as you email or comment in both of my posts, you'll have two entries into my blog candy draw.
* Tart & Tangy, Kia Ora Stamp Sets.
* Real Red Stamp Pad. Real Red & Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers.
* Bashful Blue Textured Cardstock, Whisper White & Real Red Cardstock. Summer Picnic DSP.
* Wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon & Scallop Edge Punch.
* Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals.
Well, I'll be back on Monday with my Monday Madness Card. Until then, I hope you all have a great weekend.