Friday, January 9, 2009

Race Ready

For those of you that know me, you know my children all ride motorbikes...even the girl child! Last year my youngest turned 3 and we'd promised him a Pee Wee 50 if he could ride his pushbike with no training wheels before his 3rd birthday. We thought it would buy us some time!

Well, after pestering us daily to practice, approximately two months before his 3rd birthday, my little man succeeded in his mission and rode his (tiny) pushbike with no training wheels. He became so proficient at it, he began to ride with Daddy to and from home and daycare. The only problem was stopping. Being so short, he couldn't brake and place his feet on the ground to stop. So, as he rode his pushy usually standing up, he came up with the novel idea to simply jump off his bike while it was still in motion. Naturally the pushy would crash to the ground, but my little man would be safe and on his feet a short distance away. He'd definitely stopped even if it was an unconventional means by which he did so!

Which moves us onto this scrapbook page. The photo's were taken the day of Master three's birthday. After getting over the excitement of having his bike, he insisted that we line up all the kids bikes for a race picture. The kids are pretending in the first picture to be at the start line of a race - elbows out and up, heads down ready to go. In the subsequent photo's however, all the children have decided to show us their best "Crusty Demons" moves.

My colour scheme has been taken from the kids motorbikes. For those in the know (and those about to be educated like myself a few years ago) I've used Only Orange to represent the older children's KTM Motorbikes and Brilliant Blue to represent Master 3's Yamaha. I've also used my sizzix machine and lolly pop alphabet for the heading.

Supplies:
* Polka Dot Punches Stamp Set.
* Basic Black Stamp Pad.
* Only Orange & Brilliant Blue Cardstock.
* 1/1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch & Photo Corners Punch.

Non SU Supplies:
* CM Black Pages
* CM Orange Pen.
* Sizzix Machine and Lollipop Alphabet.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great pages Nerine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nerine,
I have left you a blog award on my blog. Please except it and display!
http://feelslikehomeleesa.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-blog-award-proximity-award.html