Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Embrace Life Key Ring

Wednesday brings with it my 'off the page' creations, which is my attempt to move away from simply filling my blog with handmade cards and scrapbook pages. Today, I created two projects - however I'll save the second for next week.

This week, I'd like to show you the handmade keyring I created. I've water coloured and sponged the image and used the new scallop square punch to create a pretty boarder around the image. My crop-a-dile has punched the hole for the keyring chain to go through.

Now that I've photographed my keyring, I'm going to use my crystal effects on one side of the creation to give it a glossy, glass like and hard protective coating. Once the first side has dried, I'll turn the keyring tag over and place crystal effects on the reverse as well. If your wondering why I didn't photograph the project after using the crystal effects, it's because the glass like effect of the crystal effects makes photographing difficult as a result of the shiny surface once dried. I hope you like tonights quick and easy 'off the page' creation.

Supplies:
* Embrace Life Stamp Set.
* Black StazOn Stamp Pad.
* Watercolour Wonder Paper & Ballet Blue Cardstock.
* Rich Regals Water Colour Wonder Crayons, Neutral Crayons & Aqua Painter.
* Keyring taken from a useless spare I had around the house.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great idea Nerine.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

That's a cool idea Nerine, I like it.

:) Marcia