Sunday, December 14, 2008

Summer Mini Swap

Hi everyone. Well as you've all probably noticed I've been 'blog' quiet the last few days. I've been up in Darwin doing my Christmas shopping and taking my hubby to the hospital for a check up on some surgery he had recently. So, I've had no access to a computer - and I've not created anything either. So, I thought now would be the perfect time to show you the below...which I've had up my sleeve for an 'emergency' blog post!

However, before I go into detail on the above card, I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that I will be closing my 'blog candy' giveaway competition this Friday 19th December 2008. Please make sure you leave a message if you wish to be in the draw for the Birthday Whimsy Stamp Set.

Ok, back to the above card. This card was inspired by a lady in Washington called Crystal (sorry she doesn't have a blog). I saw her card whilst net-surfing (rather than blog-surfing) stamping groups on the Internet and fell in love with it. I popped Crystal's card away in my memory banks and thought my version would be great for a Summer Mini Catalogue swap that was being hosted by my sister demo Mel. The technique I've used on the feature panel is called Faux Swiss Diamond. I feel I can show you this card now as I posted them all off to other swap participants almost four weeks ago now.

To create your faux Swiss Diamond, it's simply covering your coloured stamped image in VersaMark, then sprinkling same with heat and stick powder. Heat the heat and stick powder and sprinkle the image with dazzling diamonds. Once the image has cooled down and you have an even coverage of dazzling diamonds, simply matt your image (especially if your cardstock is on the thin side as matting avoids cardstock warping) and cover with Crystal Effects.

I really like this technique as it keeps the dazzling diamonds 'locked' away behind a hard clear enamel making mess and transference of the dazzling diamonds a thing of the past.

Supplies:
* Embrace Life & Polka Dot Stamp Sets.
* Basic Gray, Soft Sky and Whisper White Cardstock.
* Soft Sky & Basic Gray Stamp Pads. VersaMark.
* Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat and Stick Powder, Heat Gun, Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon and Crystal Effects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your swap card! Thanks Nerine!