Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Cheer:
Day 12 of the Twelve Cards of Christmas.

Last night a friend of mine celebrated her birthday by having a 'stamping' birthday party (Hello Karen). Well, not only did I have a great time, but the birthday girl set us all two challenges. One a Christmas card that had to incorporate DSP, bling and be a tri-fold card. The second being a birthday card made incorporating 'blue' somewhere. Above (if you haven't already guessed) is the Christmas Card challenge.

I borrowed this stamp set from another friend (thanks Julie) and just HAD to use the little elves because I thought they were adorable. I also decided to colour my image using a blender pen and Stampin' Pastels as I don't often use them, and I think they are a great colouring medium. I hope you like this card, I was very happy with how it turned out, and even happier as this was a first attempt!

Supplies:
* Gifts of Joy and Loads of Love Stamp Sets.
* Whisper White, Kraft, Real Red and Old Olive Cardstock. Holiday Harmony & Ginger Blossom DSP (Designer Series Paper).
* Basic Black Stamp Pad.
* Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, Real Red Marker, Antique Brass Hodgepodge and Old Olive Wide Grosgrain Ribbon. I've also used Kindy Glitz around the elves for their 'magic' sparkle.

No comments: