Monday, September 29, 2008

Holiday Cheer:

As my readers are aware, with Christmas just around the corner, I've been playing around with idea's for Christmas cards. With this card, I had set myself a challenge of making a christmas card using some of the fall flowers DSP - in particular the above print, which I've been having difficulty using.

I gained inspiration from just about everywhere. I teamed the DSP up with Soft Sky which I took directly from the DSP, and have co-ordinated it by water colouring my ute and using the soft sky double stitched ribbon. The scalloping down the bottom I added simply because I think scallops finish off an edge beautifully, however I used my crop-a-dile to pop holes in each scallop so that the soft sky cardstock wasn't so overpowering to the image and blended with the Kraft Cardstock. Probably the easiest choice with this card was the Kraft cardstock, which I simply had left over from my earlier post "Grandma's Brag Book". Last but not least, I've made the entire image and sentiment 'lift' from the page with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Supplies:
* Loads of Love Stamp Set.
* Soft Sky, Kraft, Water Colour Paper and Fall Flowers DSP.
* Soft Sky Stamp Pad. Choc Chip & Old Olive Markers. Neutrals Watercolour Wonder Crayons.
* Aqua Painter, Crop-a-dile, Slit Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin Dimensionals & Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon.

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great card Nerine... I din't use that set often enough! Thanks for the idea!

Tabitha said...

Nerine I love the kraft paper with the soft sky and wild wasabi. Actually I love craft paper with anything LOL!

I need to dig this set out and play with it a little more!

I also like your new picture on the side bar!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the softness of this Nerine, very pretty.

Pop by my blog, I've tagged you.

:) Marcia
www.thestampspot.wordpress.com

Sharon said...

Great card Nerine! Love your use of the DSP