Monday, March 24, 2008

Faux Silk Butterflies:

There are two things that I love about these cards. The first is the colour scheme, doesn't it look fantastic, the second is the use of 'Small Sayings' which is a set I just had to have (even though they are retiring at the end of the month) after a friend of mine ordered them and I saw how cute they were...thanks Sharon!

These cards are simple but use the faux silk technique which is a technique I taught last month at my technique workshop. Like all the faux techniques I teach, it was a huge hit, and it gives such a fantastic effect. In addition to the Small Sayings I have used the 'Time Well Spent" Level 3 Hostess set from the 08/09 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue. Also, you might think that I've used Rose Red cardstock...this is not the case. I'll keep you in suspense until the 1st April 08 before I reveal this new 'In Colour' I've used in this card.

Supplies:
* Time Well Spent and Small Sayings Stamp Sets.
* 08/09 In Colour Cardstock, Going Grey, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock.
* Basic Black Stamp Pad. Rose Red Marker and Going Grey Pastels.
* Vintage Brads, SU Anywhere Glue Stick and my miscellaneous item was some white tissue paper.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Nerine,
How beautiful - is the cardstock PUrely Pomegranate?
Sharon

Nerine .P. said...

Perhaps...all will be revealed on the 1st April...til then, I'll just have to give you little temptations.